SHERATON - GO BEYOND
SHERATON MELBOURNE Hotel
By Rhiannon Taylor, October 2018
Checking in to Sheraton Melbourne Hotel instantly feels like a special occasion. The hotel’s doorman is clad in a traditional woolen overcoat and top hat and attends to luggage immediately. Front desk is equally charming offering suggestions for lunch and there’s a jaw-dropping chandelier that drips from the first floor to the ground floor surrounded by a sweeping staircase that glimmers in the foyer.
Situated at the top end of Little Collins Street, with neighbours such as Parliament House, Giorgio Armani and Flinders Lane’s infamous dining scene, you couldn’t be in a better location to explore Melbourne’s finest offerings.
Behind the scenes of the Sheraton Melbourne Hotel is a key commitment to service for its guests. A pot of tea at breakfast is refilled without asking, a phone charger is sourced when we forgot ours and a welcome platter with the pastry chef’s selections makes us feel completely spoiled. It’s the small details that emphasise Sheraton’s longstanding philosophy to go beyond for it’s guests. Quite simply, when staying at a Sheraton property, it feels like classic hotel service has made a comeback.
Designed by Melbourne firm Hecker Guthrie, the hotel’s space is warm, inviting and gives the feel of a modern home away from home. There’s a sexy marble-clad bar that flows effortlessly on to a bright, white-washed restaurant. The restaurant serves up an artisan-style buffet breakfast (think sago cups and smashed avocado), à la carte lunch and a nightly seafood buffet, which draws both guests and local crowds. In Summer the property also opens its slick rooftop bar serving up cocktails to great views of the city.
Rooms are plush with grey and white tones featuring throughout a space with floor to ceiling windows and views overlooking some of Melbourne’s most historic architecture. Furnishings are comfortable with art deco chrome touches to an elegant writing desk and bedside tables. The biggest drawcard however, is the bathtub that is separated by a glass partition and where you can conveniently set yourself up with a glass of wine and watch the TV in the bedroom.
There's a full service spa with treatments such as a Bamboo Scrub and Supreme Jeunesse; a signature 120 minute facial which targets wrinkles, slackened skin, dead skin cells and rejuvenates the face and decolletage area. The spa backs on to a zen-like indoor heated pool which is perfect to use year-round.
If you're off to explore the city, staff are on hand to assist you with planning an itinerary. They have a wealth of knowledge of Melbourne's hidden bars and cafes and go beyond to secure you a hard to come by reservation. The hotel even has a handy insider guide to local things to see in under one hour - perfect for the business traveller, and it's the little touches like these that really makes Sheraton Melbourne Hotel's service exceptional.
We’re giving away a two night stay to any of Sheraton’s properties around Australia. To enter, simply head to our Instagram and follow the instructions on our Sheraton Go Beyond video posts.
I stayed courtesy of Sheraton Melbourne Hotel. To see all Sheraton properties in Australia please visit:
Full terms and conditions for the giveaway can be found below.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. This Sheraton Go Beyond (“Competition”) is conducted by Rhiannon Taylor from In Bed With – ABN: 96 204 291 349
2. Entering the Competition constitutes acceptance of these conditions.
3. The Competition is only open to Eligible Entrants.
4. An "Eligible Entrant" is an individual who is:
i. Not an employee, officer, servant or contractor of the Promoter or any organisation associated with the Competition or provision of the gift/prize, or their related corporate bodies or associates or any of their agencies involved with the Competition;
ii. Not a spouse, defacto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether natural or by adoption) of such an employee or other person as described in clause 4(a) above;
iii. A permanent resident of Australia; and
iv. Aged 18 years or over.
5. All relevant instructions on the Promoters’ website (if any) form part of these conditions.
COMPETITION ENTRY PERIOD
6. The competition commences at 12.01 am Australian Eastern Standard Time (“AEST”) on Wednesday, 04 October 2017 and closes at 11.59 pm AEST on 01 November 2017 (“Competition Period”).
ENTERING THE COMPETITION
7. An Eligible Entrant can only enter the Competition by complying with each of the following requirements of one of the following entry process (“Entry Process”):
a) Liking the following Instagram profiles: @sheratonhotels and @inbedwith.me
b) Comment on the sponsored posts on @Inbedwith.me’s Instagram profile describing a time someone went beyond for you
c) Users are encouraged to tag a friend in the comment section
DETERMINATION OF COMPETITION WINNERS AND THEIR PRIZES
8. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winners. Rhiannon Taylor will individually judge each entry on their merits based upon, creativity, personality and originality.
9. There are 1 prize to be won as part of the #SheratonGoBeyond competition.
The prize includes:
i. Two (2) nights accommodation for two (2) people double or twin-share and daily breakfast for two (2) persons at either:
ii. Sheraton on the Park, Sydney
iii. Sheraton Melbourne Hotel
iv. Sheraton Mirage Port Douglas Resort
v. Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast
10. Judging of all entries will take place on 02 November 2017 by Rhiannon Taylor at In Bed With.
11. The winner will be notified within 48 hours of the conclusion of judging in writing via an Instagram comment via @inbedwith.me.
12. The Winner is recommended to book as early as possible to ensure best chance of securing their preferred travel dates. The prize cannot be refunded for cash or transferred and cannot be used in conjunction with any Frequent Flyer programs & Starwood SPG points. Frequent flyer points & Starwood SPG points will not be provided.
13. Meals or drinks (outside of what’s included in the prize), transfers, tips, domestic travel to and from departure point, taxes, and other personal expenses and travel insurance must be paid for by the winners.
14. It is the Winner’s personal responsibility to ensure that they have valid travel and health documentation. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the travellers. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issue that may exist at any destination. Cash will not be awarded in lieu of the Prize or element thereof, unless stated.
15. Black-out dates apply and include (but are not exclusive to) Australian public holidays and school holidays.
16. The Prize is valid for six months until 01 May 2018.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of all entries and reserves the right to disqualify any individual entrant or group of entrants for tampering with the entry process, or for submitting an entry which is not otherwise in accordance with these conditions of entry.
18. In the case that the Promoter finds evidence of tampering by the entrant in the entry process or the verification process, in addition to declaring any or all entries made by the entrant invalid, the Promoter may in its complete discretion preclude that entrant from participating in any or all future competitions of the Promoter.
19. All Eligible Entrants must ensure that their entries are received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promoter’s database. The Promoter is not responsible for receipt of incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information either caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated or utilised in this Competition, or by any technical error that may occur in the course of administration of this Competition. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of Entries.
FORFEITURE AND RETURN OF PRIZES
22. If an Eligible Entrant breaches their obligations under these Conditions or any agreement with the Promoter, the Promoter may determine that the Eligible Entrant has forfeited their Prize.
23. If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Competition is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the Competition.
24. The Promoter is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered, including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss, or for personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
25. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any Eligible Entrant, (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Promotion; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Promotion (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise).
26. The comment which the Eligible Entrant submits on Instagram must not contain inappropriate language, gratuitous violence, sexual references or statements that promote hatred towards an individual, race, or community.
27. All of the Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
28. The Winner has 30 days to claim the Prize. If any Winner does not claim their Prize in 30 days, then a new Winner will be selected. The Promoter reserves the right to forfeit the Prize or select a new Winner in the event of any Eligible Entrant not claiming the Prize.
29. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the competition. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
30. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
31. If any Prize (or part of any Prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or that part of the Prize) with a Prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
32. Any cost associated with accessing the Instagram competition is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.