BEAUTY EDIT: THE TROPICS
By Rhiannon Taylor, April 2016
We divulge our five must have beauty products for visiting the tropics. Hair, skin, face - here are the bare-bum essentials to keep you glowing and protected from the sun.
1. ILIA's new tinted lip conditioner is the lipstick that isn't. It gives a sheer flush of colour and moisturises all day making it the best kind of hybrid between a lip balm and a lipstick. $38 [available from Mecca here]
2. By TERRY's waterproof mascara has island beauty covered. A light mascara that gives an off-duty look (no glam lashes here), it didn't budge even under a snorkel mask. $70 [available from Mecca here]
3. You only need a little of this Stila bronzing balm to last all day. For those who want a little coverage, a little colour and some SPF protection. Perfect for evenings around the resort. $62 [available at Mecca here]
4. If we could only pack on sunscreen this would be Mecca Cosmetica's To Save Body.. Non-greasy, it smells like heaven and is 50+. There's a separate face version if you're so inclined, but if you're travelling light this will cover you just fine. $38 [available from Mecca here]
5. Finally, an Argan Oil that doesn't leave you feeling like you've been doused in heady aromas. Josie Maran's serum really gets frizzy hair to keep in line and stay tangle-free. $47 [available from Mecca here]